Unicorn Nest news
– Nym Health, the leading provider of explainable AI tech that automates medical coding, today announced $25m in new funding.
– The funding was led by Addition and brings the company’s total funding to $47.5m.
– Addition joins existing investors GV, Dynamic Loop Capital, Tiger Global, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Lightspeed, as well as angel investors Zach Weinberg and Nat Turner.
– Omniscient Neurotechnology (“o8t™”), a pioneering brain mapping technology company, announced the completion of an AUD 40 million Series B financing round.
– The funding was led by family offices and high-net worth individuals, including Hancock Prospecting’s Executive Chairman Mrs. Gina Rinehart, and prominent fund manager Will Vicars.
– Using innovations in medical imaging and machine learning, Omniscient builds applications capable of modelling and analyzing connectomes or brain networks which are formed by the electrical connections within an individual’s brain.
– This technology transforms complex brain data into clear insight for doctors, psychologists, neuroscientists and brain technology innovators to better treat neurological disorders and mental illnesses.
TRexBio Closes the Final Tranche of $59 Million Series A Financing to Advance Innovation in Tissue Immunobiology for the treatment of Cancer and Inflammatory Diseases
– TRexBio, a discovery stage company decoding human tissue immune biology to create revolutionary therapeutics, announced the successful close of the final tranche of a $59m Series A financing.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to expand the company’s unique discovery platform that maps human tissue regulatory T cell (Treg) behavior to dysregulation in disease, and to advance its six preclinical therapeutic programs.
– Investors include Eli Lilly and Company, SV Health, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Pfizer Ventures, and Alexandria Venture Investments.
– TRexBio also announced the appointment of Johnston Erwin as Chief Executive Officer, and Ovid Trifan, M.D., Ph.D., as Chief Medical Officer, as part of the company’s plan to accelerate growth.
Unicorn Nest news
– Helix is a San Mateo CA-based population genomics and COVID-19 testing company.
– The company raised $50m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Warburg Pincus, DFJ Growth, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, Mayo Clinic and Temasek.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate the company’s population genomics platform across health systems, life sciences companies and to continue COVID-19 testing and viral surveillance efforts.
Inflammatix Secures $102 Million in Series D Financing Led by D1 Capital Partners to Commercialize Novel Host Response Diagnostics
– Inflammatix, a pioneering molecular diagnostics company, announced today the closing of a $102m Series D round of financing to support development and commercialization of its novel immune response diagnostics portfolio.
– D1 Capital Partners led the round, with participation from the company’s existing investors, including Northpond Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Think.Health, and OSF Healthcare Ventures.
– Sepsis caused more than five million deaths annually worldwide before the COVID-19 pandemic, and severe COVID-19 has been recognized as viral sepsis. In addition, antibiotic resistance is directly responsible for more than 700,000 deaths annually worldwide.
Phase Genomics to Develop Commercial Platform for the Discovery of New Viruses with $1.7 Million Grant
– Phase Genomics, Inc. announced the receipt of a $1.7MM grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
– This funding will fuel the commercialization of a first-in-class solution for the discovery of DNA viruses, employing a novel reagent kit and robust software platform that leverages Phase Genomics’ proprietary Hi-C technology.
Phase Genomics is also funded by revenue from sales of its proximity ligation (Hi-C) kits, scientific services, and computational analysis.