Piper Private Equity
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United Kingdom, London
Piper Private Equity was established in 1985, and is a well known VC. The fund is located in United Kingdom, Europe. The the headquarters of this VC is in London.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 other investors. Aside from Piper Private Equity, start-ups are often funded by Beringea, Venrex Investment Management, Upscale. The most common co-investors for the fund are Winona Capital Management, Mobeus Equity Partners, MMC Ventures. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Santander Corporate & Commercial, Norwest Equity Partners (NEP).
The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United Kingdom. Pet Food UK, Flat Iron, Bloom & Wild are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Restaurants, Fitness. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment. Also, a start-up has to be aged 6-10 years to expect investment from this fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If there are 4 or 5+ founders in the start-up, the probability of getting the investment is low.
The fund was established by Crispin Tweddell, Libby Gibson. Besides the listed founders, we have found 5 key employees of this fund in our database.
The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are most common for this fund. This fund was the most active in 2017. Additionally, in 2019 the fund was active. Piper Private Equity is involved in 9 percentage points more than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 59 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
60.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.