In 1995 was created Digital Garage, which is appeared as Corporate Investor. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in Japan. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the Tokyo.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Twitter, ContextLogic (dba. Wish), Intercom. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Social Media, Machine Learning. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Digital Garage, startups are often financed by Y Combinator, Beenos Partners, SV Angel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, Beenos Partners, BEENEXT. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Verizon Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Formation 8.
The current fund was established by Joi Ito, Kaoru Hayashi. The overall number of key employees were 2.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Speaking about the real fund results, this Corporate Investor is 8 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. This Digital Garage works on 8 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. When the investment is from Digital Garage the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2014.
|08 Oct 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$300M||13 Jan 2021||Lehi, Utah, United States|
|$90M||05 Oct 2020||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$100M||21 Sep 2020||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$375K||01 Jan 2020||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|$61M||19 Nov 2019||Vietnam, Saint James, Jamaica|
|$100M||25 Jun 2019||Lehi, Utah, United States|
|$15M||12 Jun 2019||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$25M||04 Apr 2019||San Francisco, California, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.