The main department of described VC is located in the Bangalore. The venture was found in Asia in India.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Ascent Capital, startups are often financed by Zodius Capital, Trifecta Capital Advisors, Sequoia Capital India. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Helion Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Zodius Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Trifecta Capital Advisors, Bessemer Venture Partners, Alibaba Group.
The current fund was established by Raja Kumar. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2016. The real fund results show that this VC is 32 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. When the investment is from Ascent Capital the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Ascent Capital performs on 15 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 deals per year.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - India. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Education. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight BigBasket, CARE Ratings, The Ratnakar Bank. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 11-15 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
Funds with similar focus
|$68M||26 Jul 2021||India, Mumbai|
|$15M||08 Jul 2021||India, Noida|
|$23M||18 Mar 2021||India, Mumbai|
|$121M||07 Aug 2020||India, Bengaluru|
|$110M||23 Mar 2020||India, Bengaluru|
|$17M||05 Feb 2020||India, Noida|
Acko General Insurance
|$36M||28 Nov 2019||India, Mumbai|
|$700K||18 Sep 2018||United States, Atlanta|
Kastus Antimicrobial Technologies
|$3M||01 Sep 2018||Ireland, Dublin|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.