– Deliverect, a restaurant food delivery management platform, raised $65m in funding.
– The round was led by DST and Redpoint Ventures, with OMERS, Newion, Smartfin and the founders also participating.
– It brings the total raised by Deliverect to $90m.
– The company processed some $1bn across 30 million orders for its customers in the last year.
– Lingoda announced it has raised $68m in growth equity led by global growth investor Summit Partners, with participation from existing investor Conny Boersch, founder of Mountain Partners, which first invested in Lingoda in 2015.
– The new funding will support Lingoda’s expansion in new markets; further enhance the company’s live classroom experiences, and accelerate the company’s already robust growth.
– Including this latest round of funding, Lingoda has raised more than $83m since 2013. Previous recent rounds were led by investor Grazia Equity, which has played a key role in the company’s growth journey to date.
– Lingoda is a leading online language school offering live small group and private classes available 24/7 in four languages – English, German, French and Spanish.
Unicorn Nest news
– OpenReel, a startup that makes it easier for teams to record videos remotely, has raised $19m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Five Elms Capital and joined by existing investors including Caffeinated Capital, Great Oaks Venture Capital, and others.
– It brings OpenReel’s total funding — debt and equity — to $23.9m.
– The money will allow the company to develop new product features (one possibility: support for livestreamed videos, rather than just pre-recorded footage), as well as continued global growth, after an international push last year that saw the platform launching across 125 countries.
– OpenReel has more than 200 enterprise clients, as well as “hundreds” of small and medium business customers.
Unicorn Nest news