Unicorn Nest news
– TytoCare is a NYC-based healthcare industry’s modular device and telehealth platform for AI-powered, on-demand remote medical examinations.
– The company raised $50M in a Series D extension round.
– The extension round was led by Insight Partners with participation from new growth investors Tiger Global Management and Qumra Capital and existing investors Qualcomm Ventures LLC, Olive Tree Ventures, and Shenzhen Capital Group Company.
– Beam Dental, a Columbus, Ohio-based dental benefits provider, today announced it has raised $80 million in an oversubscribed series E round led by Mercato Partners.
– Beam says the funds will be put toward expanding its offering to new markets, product R&D, and onboarding employee benefits brokerages.
– Alex Curry, Alex Frommeyer, and Dan Dykes founded Beam in 2012 to make dental care more affordable.
– Using AI, Beam rewards policyholders who brush and floss more with cheaper rates, reflecting the fact that preventative care reduces the likelihood of expensive dental work and emergency visits down the line.
– Health Gorilla has raised $15m in a series B round co-led by IA Capital and Nationwide.
– The company plans to use the funds to accelerate its expansion into new business verticals, including insurance, life sciences, and government organizations, and to introduce new APIs for medical record access, payer-to-payer data sharing, and data quality assessments.
– In October 2019, the U.S. 21st Century Cures Act came into force. Signed into law in December 2016, the legislation was intended to drive innovation by requiring that patients be provided access to their information.
– But opening up electronic health records doesn’t make the data within them standardized. Some experts estimate that as many as half of records are mismatched when data is transferred between health care systems.
Unicorn Nest news
– Pear Therapeutics, Inc. announced the second closing of its Series D financing.
– The second closing included a leading national Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) as a new strategic investor.
– The national IDN is investing $20 million, bringing the total Series D investment to $100 million.
– Pear is using its Series D financing to accelerate reimbursement coverage for its three FDA-authorized products, creating the first market access pathway in the PDT industry.
– PDTs are a new therapeutic class that uses software to directly treat disease through a patient’s mobile device when and where they need it most.
– Pear’s goal is to increase access to PDTs by adding them to standard formularies.
Pattern Health Secures $1.5 Million in New Funding to Further Develop Platform, Integrations, and Growth Efforts
– Pattern Health has received $1.5m in new funding from investors Cofounders Capital and The Launch Place.
– The new capital will be invested in platform and product development, expanded integrations and interoperability, and in sales and marketing efforts designed to meet the increasing demand for digital health programs and support growth.
– The company anticipates making several new hires this year in various positions across the company.
– This funding comes at an important time as more and more academic medical centers, research organizations, and commercial healthcare companies are relying on Pattern Health’s solutions to research and develop new and novel digital health programs.
– Pattern Health’s no-code platform enables researchers and clinicians to create and deploy condition-specific digital health programs quickly and economically, collect data more rapidly, generate evidence, and when appropriate, translate programs into real-world, highly scalable solutions.
– Zocdoc announced $150m in growth financing from Francisco Partners.
– This follows a momentous year for the company, characterized by a successful transition to a profitable variable revenue model which has led to accelerating growth.
– Zocdoc grew revenue by more than 35% year-over-year before the pandemic, and had year-over-year growth in 2020 despite COVID-19’s disruption.
– The company will use the capital to further propel its rapid growth, deepening its investments in sales and marketing, and expanding the products available through its platform.
– Zocdoc has long been the leader in online scheduling for in-person doctors’ appointments. However, as the pandemic dramatically accelerated the adoption of telehealth, Zocdoc rapidly adapted its marketplace.