– Bay Area-based startup Mantle is focused on helping create better molds and dies for manufacturers.
– The company has raised $13m in funding from Foundation Capital, Hypertherm Ventures, Future Shape, 11.2 capital, Plug and Play Ventures and Corazon Capital.
– Mantle seeks to differentiate itself with a machine capable of removing some steps from the process.
Unicorn Nest news
– Shield AI from San Diego develops self-driving software to enable unmanned systems to operate without GPS and communications.
– The company raised $90M in Series C funding.
– Point72 Ventures led the round.
– The company intends to use the funds to scale and further integrate its self-driving software, Hivemind, into additional platforms across the Defense industry.
Mantis Innovation Group, LLC Continues Service Line Expansion with Investment in Fairbanks Energy Services, Inc.
– Mantis Innovation Group, LLC Continues Service Line Expansion with Investment in Fairbanks Energy Services, Inc.
– O2 Investment Partners, LLC is pleased to announce that through Mantis Innovation Group, LLC it has made an investment in and partnered with Fairbanks Energy Services, Inc. and its leadership team to enhance both companies’ service offerings focused on improving facility performance and energy efficiency, reducing costs, and implementing and monitoring ESG initiatives.
– Mantis Innovation Group, LLC is an industry leader in providing energy-efficient solutions for clients across commercial, industrial, data center, education, and healthcare verticals.
– Fairbanks Energy Services is an industry leader in providing nationwide energy efficiency solutions for clients across commercial, industrial, data center, education, and healthcare verticals.
Unicorn Nest news
– Fictiv, a platform for hardware manufacturing, raised $35m in Series D funding.
– The round was led by 40 North Ventures and joined by Honeywell, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp., Adit Ventures and M20 (Microsoft’s strategic investment arm), as well as past backers Accel, G2VP and Bill Gates.
– The funding brings the total raised by Fictiv to $92m.
– Fictiv is the “AWS of hardware” — providing a platform for those needing to produce some hardware, giving them a place to design, price and order those pieces and eventually get them from one place to another.