WaveSense Secures $15 Million to Accelerate Next Generation ADAS and Autonomous Features With World’s Most Precise and Reliable Positioning System
– WaveSense announced it has raised $15m in a Series A funding round.
– The round was led by Rhapsody Venture Partners and Impossible Ventures.
– Through a proprietary ultra-wide band radar, WaveSense creates a map of subsurface signatures from which self-driving and other ADAS-enabled vehicles can navigate.
– WaveSense plans to advance the integration of their centimeter-level precision technology into consumer vehicles in collaboration with some of the world’s largest automakers and suppliers.
– The company recently demonstrated centimeter level localization accuracy and reliability on roads without lane markings, during a snowstorm, in a parking garage, and on unpaved terrain.
– Momenta, a Chinese autonomous driving startup, raised $500m funding.
– The round was led by SAIC Motor, Toyota and Bosch.
– Other participants included Mercedes-Benz AG, Xiaomi founder Lei Jun’s Shunwei Capital, Tencent, Cathay Capital and a few undisclosed institutions.
– It’s rare to see Tencent and Alibaba (or their affiliates) co-invest.