Unicorn Nest news
– Digip is a SaaS legal tech company based in Stockholm, Sweden.
– The company raised €2m in funding.
– The round was led by Industrifonden, with participation from SeedX, Antler and angel investors.
– The new investment will be used to drive geographical expansion, product development and continue to automate trademark management.
– Clearbrief, a new Seattle startup that has developed AI-fueled writing technology for the legal industry, raised $1.2m.
– Venture capital heavyweights Sequoia Capital and Madrona Venture Group invested, in addition to Avvo founder Mark Britton and other tech execs.
– Clearbrief’s software uses natural language processing to assess how a given sentence is backed up by supporting evidence.
– It can be used by lawyers to assess their own work or their competitors’ briefs.
– It can also help judges read a brief alongside evidence, all in one place.
– The idea is to save time and money while improving accuracy; it replaces a process traditionally done by humans.
– The product works inside of Microsoft Word; Clearbrief files can also be accessed in the cloud.