Unicorn Nest news
– Ecovative is a Green Island, NY-based mycelium technology company.
– The company raised $60m in Series D funding.
– The round was led by Viking Global Investors, with participation from Senator Investment Group, AiiM Partners, Trousdale Ventures and other investors.
– Steve Sherwood, Chairman of CWS Capital Partners, will be joining the company’s board.
Bioheng Biotech Raised $80 million in Series B Financing to Advance Allogeneic Immuno-Cell Therapies
– Bioheng Biotech raised $80m in Series B financing.
– The round was led by GL Ventures, the venture capital unit of Hillhouse Capital, Decheng Capital and Octagon Capital, with the participation of BlueRun Ventures and Shenzhen Capital Group Company.
– Proceeds will be used to advance R&D capabilities, process development and clinical trials.
– Bioheng is dedicated on developing novel cellular immunotherapy for cancer.
Unicorn Nest news
– Brii Bio, a multi-national company developing innovative therapies for diseases with significant unmet medical needs and large public health burden, today announced completion of a Series C financing of US$155m.
– The financing was led by Invesco Developing Markets Fund, with significant additional funding provided by GIC and another global leading investment management organization, followed by Lake Bleu Capital and an Asia-based leading investment organization, as well as three current investors.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to advance Brii Bio’s broad infectious diseases pipeline as well as the company’s CNS program.
– Brii Bio is currently conducting clinical studies in multiple infectious diseases, and is preparing to enter clinical-stage research in diseases of the central nervous system.
– Katana, an Estonian startup that has built manufacturing-specific enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for SMBs, has raised $11m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by European venture capital firm Atomico, with participation from angel investors Ott Kaukver (Checkout.com CTO), Sten Tamkivi (CPO Topia, formerly Skype), Sergei Anikin (CTO, Pipedrive) and Kairi Pauskar (former TransferWise HR Architect). Previous backer 42Cap also followed on, bringing the total investment raised by the company to date to $16m.
– The company positions itself as the “entrepreneur manufacturer’s secret weapon” with a plug-and-play ERP for small to medium-sized manufacturers.