– Stord announced $65m Series C funding led by BOND, bringing total investment in the company to $100m.
– Stord is the company delivering a cloud supply chain for retailers and ecommerce brands.
– Stord will use the funds to continue to build its technology platform and logistics infrastructure to help brands deliver products to their customers faster and more efficiently than they can do on their own.
– Stord more than doubled its headcount in response to significant revenue growth. This year, Stord expects to more than double its 2020 revenue and continue to expand its world class team.
Unicorn Nest news
– Duckbill is a container trucking/drayage service platform featuring intelligent dispatching and transportation management.
– The company closed a US$50m funding round led by Temasek, with participation from Pavilion as well as existing shareholders including Future Capital, Discovery Fund, Shunwei Capital, Furong Capital, Zip Capital etc.
– The new investment will be used to improve the current solutions, expand to all major ports and introduce more products.
Unicorn Nest news
– Koffie Labs (Koffie), an insurtech focused on reinventing the trucking and transportation markets, today announced it has raised $4.5m in venture financing.
– Anthemis Group and Lerer Hippeau led two rounds of seed round financing with participation from 2048 Ventures, Plug and Play Ventures and C2 Ventures.
– Trucking insurance is an essential component of the broader $800b trucking industry and the backbone of the US economy. With commercial auto rates consistently increasing over the last decade, there are few viable options for fleets.
– Koffie uses telematics and advanced safety technology to underwrite trucking companies, rewarding fleets that invest in safety with discounted insurance premiums.