– Spectral, an Israeli startup that’s developing automated tools to help developer teams spot mistakes such as confidential data buried in code, has emerged from stealth today with $6.2 million in a seed round of funding co-led by Amiti and MizMaa.
– Recent data from IBM suggests that the average cost of a data breach globally is $3.9 million, a figure that rises to more than $8.6 million for U.S. companies. As businesses have had to double down on their digital efforts over the past year due to the pandemic, this could open the door to more costly coding mistakes as businesses rush to ship new code.
Unicorn Nest news
– Notch Therapeutics is a Vancouver, BC-based biotechnology company developing renewable, induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived cell therapies for cancer.
– Company closed an U.S. $85m Series A financing.
– The round was led by an exclusively healthcare-focused investment fund with participation from existing investors Allogene Therapeutics, Inc., Lumira Ventures, and CCRM Enterprises Holdings Ltd., an affiliate of Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM); along with new investors EcoR1 Capital, Casdin Capital, Samsara BioCapital, and Amplitude Ventures.