– Maisonette, a four-year-old, New York-based company, has aimed from the outset to become a one-stop curated shop for everything a family might need for their young children.
– That plan appears to be working. Today, the company — which launched with preppy young children’s apparel and has steadily built out categories that include home décor, home furniture, toys, gear and accessories — says it doubled its number of customers last year and tripled its revenue.
– Though the company keeps its sales numbers private, its growth is interesting, particularly given the unabated growth of Amazon, which became the nation’s leading apparel retailer somewhere around the end of 2018.
Unicorn Nest news
– Literati is a subscription book club company.
– The company raised $40m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Aydin Senkut of Felicis with additional funding from Dick Costolo and Adam Bain of 01 Advisors, Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Shasta Ventures, Silverton Partners, and Springdale Ventures.
– Stephen Curry also joined in the round.