Unicorn Nest news
– Sorare is a blockchain collectible and fantasy football platform.
– The company raised €40m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Benchmark with participation from Accel and angels Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, Vaynermedia CEO Gary Vaynerchuk, football players Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand.
– The new investment will be used to Accelerate the growth of the community, Accelerate hiring and launch a mobile application.
– Anchorage has raised $80m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by GIC, also known as Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund.
– Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux and Indico are also participating in today’s funding round.
– The startup originally offered a custody solution. It lets you keep your cryptocurrencies safe for you so that you don’t have to take care of the wallets and their public and private keys.
– Anchorage now offers several financial products, such as staking, crypto lending, etc. In other words, it wants to become a one-stop shop for institutional investors.
Unicorn Nest news
– 1Kosmos secured funding of $2.6m.
– The funding will be used to accelerate the company’s growth and product roadmap.
– 1Kosmos has assembled an advisory board that brings together top professionals in the cybersecurity industry.
– The company’s indisputable ID-proofing process leverages user-uploaded identity credentials.
– This eliminates the need for usernames and passwords or complex multi-factor authentication.
– 1Kosmos integrates with any application, website or operating system and doesn’t require additional software or technology.
– Mogo announced its investment in Coinsquare.
– The investment is part of a strategic partnership with Coinsquare, Canada’s leading digital asset trading platform.
– Mogo will acquire 19.99% ownership of Coinsquare for total consideration of approximately $56.4 million.
– Mogo will also have the right to acquire an additional 20% ownership interest in Coinsquare through purchases of shares from current shareholders and the exercise of warrants under certain conditions.
– The strategic investment builds on a multi-year relationship between the two companies.
– Coinsquare acts as the trading platform for MogoCrypto, a service Mogo launched in 2018 to allow its members an easy and convenient way to buy and sell bitcoin.