William Blair is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1935. The company was established in North America in United States. The main office of represented Corporate Investor is situated in the Chicago.
The current fund was established by James Vaughan.
The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Inhibitex, Athersys, Xan3D Technologies. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Information Services, Biotechnology. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the William Blair, startups are often financed by MPM Capital, Forward Ventures, Enterprise Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Enterprise Partners, Reicon Capital, Optical Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Forward Ventures, Enterprise Partners, BB Biotech Ventures.
The high activity for fund was in 2000. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 15 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Opposing the other organizations, this William Blair works on 19 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2005. The average startup value when the investment from William Blair is 50-100 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 deals per year.
|Banco Santander||Madrid, Madrid, Spain|
|Bonit Capital||Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|Capital Impetus Group||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|Coffee Stain Studios||Sweden, Vastra Gotaland, Västra Götaland County|
|Gefen Biomed Investments||Ashkelon, HaDarom, Israel|
|Kohlberg Kravis Roberts Japan||Chiyoda, Japan|
|Nanhai Zhiku||China, Guangdong, Tianjin|
|Suneight PS1 Investment||-|
|Viroad Biotechnology||China, Hebei, Shijiazhuang|
|$100M||12 Oct 2021||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|$9M||23 Mar 2012||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
|$13M||28 Jan 2011||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
|$4M||19 Jan 2010||Little Rock, Arkansas, United States|
|$30M||26 Sep 2005||San Diego, California, United States|
|$14M||21 May 2004||Washington, United States|
|$15M||20 May 2004||New Hampshire, United States|
|$9M||13 May 2004||San Diego, California, United States|
|$30M||15 Jan 2004||San Diego, California, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.