SunFunder was established in 2012, and is a well known VC. The main office of this VC is situated in Nairobi. This investor is located in Africa, Kenya.
The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments doesn't coincide - United States. Besides this, the fund also invested in 2 other countries. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are PEG, Greenlight Planet, SolarNow. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If the applying start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. Also, a start-up has to be aged 6-10 years to expect investment from this fund. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Consumer Electronics, Social Entrepreneurship. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund.
Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. In real terms, this VC performs 25 percentage points more exits than other funds. This fund was the most active in 2019. The fund typically enters into 2-6 deals annually.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 2-3 participants. Along with SunFunder, start-ups are often financed by Energy Access Ventures, responsAbility, Blue Haven Initiative as well as 12 other investors. The most common co-investors for the fund are responsAbility, SIMA Funds, Oikocredit International. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by responsAbility, Shell Foundation, Norfund, as well as 6 other investors.
The fund was created by Audrey Desiderato, Ryan Levinson, Sameer Halai. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 3.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: sunfunder.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first, first '.' last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
9.1% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.