This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
This investor is located in Asia, Japan. The primary office of this VC is located in Tokyo.
Besides the listed founders, we have found 1 key employee of this fund in our database.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 other investors. Aside from Gumi Ventures, start-ups are often funded by Yusuke Sato, YJ Capital, Wavemaker Partners. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are YJ Capital, JAFCO Japan, Yusuke Sato, the total number of co-investors is 2. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by YJ Capital, Mizuho Capital, iMercury Capital.
We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2018. Gumi Ventures participates, on average, in 21 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year. The fund's activity peaked in 2017. In addition, the fund was active in 2019. In real terms, this VC performs 5 percentage points more exits than other funds. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars.
inXile Entertainment, DELY, Candee are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 4-5. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - Japan. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 1 other location. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Social Media, Digital Media. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The fund has specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: gu3.co.jp; User name format in descending order of probability: first '.' last, first_initial last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
66.7% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
11.1% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.