In 1936 was created Ford Foundation, which is appeared as Corporate Investor. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the New York. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The overall number of key employees were 8.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Ford Foundation, startups are often financed by Emerson Collective, Wendi Murdoch, SunFunder. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are The W.K. Kellogg Foundation, The Libra Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by The W.K. Kellogg Foundation, The Libra Foundation, TLSG.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 deals per year. When the investment is from Ford Foundation the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 6 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2017. This Ford Foundation works on 15 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Health Care, Publishing. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 11-15 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Macro, Macro, Univision Communications
|Accrue Sports and Entertainment Ventures||New York, New York, United States|
|Brookfield Renewable Partners||Canada, Hamilton, Ontario|
|Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply||Arizona, Phoenix, United States|
|Fund+||Belgium, Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant|
|Generation Growth Capital||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Gera Venture Capital||Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro|
|ICM Asset Management||Bayern, Germany, Munich|
|Jetstream Capital||Franklin, Tennessee, United States|
|Mobai Capital||China, Guangdong, Guangzhou|
|New Oriental Education and Culture Industrial Fund||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Sage Capital||India, Maharashtra, Mumbai|
|Seoul Global Startup Center||-|
|Sonion A/S||Denmark, Roskilde, Sjelland|
|Version One Ventures||British Columbia, Canada, Vancouver|
|WeWork Labs||New York, New York, United States|
|Woven Capital||Japan, Tokyo|
|$10M||19 May 2022||Mexico City, Mexico|
|$2M||27 Jan 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$21M||09 Nov 2021||New York, New York, United States|
Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences
|$1M||19 Apr 2021||Stanford, California, United States|
|$5M||24 Oct 2019||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$20M||23 Sep 2018||New York, New York, United States|
Clintonel Innovation Centre
|$30K||17 Mar 2018||Aba, Abia, Nigeria|
|$20K||16 Mar 2018||Enugu, Enugu, Nigeria|
|$150M||03 Oct 2017||Los Angeles, California, United States|
– The Markup has been awarded a $2.5m grant from the Ford Foundation.
– This grant is a part of its prestigious Social Bond initiative, supporting critical, pioneering organizations working to build a more just, equitable world.
– The Markup will develop its privacy-forward analytics approach and continue its one-of-a-kind investigative journalism.
– The Markup has already made waves with tools like Citizen Browser, a custom web browser that measures how disinformation travels across social media platforms and Blacklight, a website privacy inspector which uncovers the third-party user-tracking technologies that businesses are using on their sites.
– In 2019, The Markup welcomed Nabiha Syed as the organization’s first president, in advance of the publication’s launch in February 2020.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.