American International Group
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, New York
American International Group is a well known and established Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1919. This investor is located in North America, United States. The main office of this Corporate Investor is situated in New York.
Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. In real terms, this Corporate Investor performs 9 percentage points more exits than other funds. In 2000, the fund's activity was at its peak. In comparison with other funds, American International Group makes 15 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually.
We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Service Industry, Manufacturing. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. Also, a start-up has to be aged 4-5 years to expect investment from this fund. The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Integral Development, K2 Intelligence, Primus Telecommunications are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. Besides American International Group, start-ups are typically funded by Solon Mack Capital, RRE Ventures. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Wheatley Partners, RiverVest, Pivotal Asset Management. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by e-LaSer, Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, Adams Street Partners.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
75.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.