This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
The Netherlands, Laren
5square is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2004. The fund is located in The Netherlands, Europe. The primary office of this VC is located in Laren.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 other investors. Besides 5square, start-ups are typically funded by Velocity Capital Private Equity, Finch Capital, Chemelot Ventures. The most common co-investors for the fund are Velocity Capital Private Equity, Social Impact Ventures NL, Karmijn Kapitaal. The investors in the following rounds are usually HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, btov Partners, Velocity Capital Private Equity.
Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are most common for this fund. In comparison with other funds, 5square makes 23 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. The fund's activity peaked in 2016. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year. In real terms, this VC performs 9 percentage points more exits than other funds.
Moreover, a start-up needs to be 6-10 years old to get investment from this fund. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - The Netherlands. FiveDegrees, BUX are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Advertising, Travel. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund.
This VC was founded by Mark Gitsels, Remco van den Heuvel. We also identified another 7 core personnel in our database.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: 5square.nl; User name format in descending order of probability: first '.' last, first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.05 out of 1
Funds Investing Together
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.