Unicorn Nest news
– Sendbird, the leading mobile engagement & communication company across in-app chat, voice and video, has closed $100m in Series C funding.
– STEADFAST Capital Ventures led the investment round with participation from Emergence Capital, Softbank Vision Fund 2*, and World Innovation Lab also participated.
– The company was founded in 2014 and is based in San Francisco, California.
– Daily, a video developer platform, raised $15m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by early Stripe employee-turned-investor Lachy Groom, who became connected with the startup via his portfolio company Interval.com, a Daily customer.
– Other angels and most of Daily’s seed investors also participated.
– Daily itself was founded in 2016 as a big bet on video, and WebRTC in particular, but has been boosted by the pandemic and the market shifts that resulted.
– Today, Daily is used by a number of companies focused on the future of work, like virtual office startup Tandem, virtual HQ platform Teamflow, presentation startup Pitch, pair programming tool GitDuck, virtual recruiting startup Flo Recruit and others.