Unicorn Nest news
– Clerisy, a new growth equity investment firm targeting consumer and techsumer companies, today announced that it has made its inaugural investment, in Dormify, the dynamic e-commerce platform and brand that redefined stylish dorm room and home décor for Gen Z.
– Co-founded by former L Catterton Partner Lisa Myers and Gilt and GLAMSQUAD co-founder Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, Clerisy closed the first investment round in the fund in October 2020.
– The firm partners closely with and invests in extraordinary entrepreneurs who have developed innovative solutions for the evolving consumer and are poised to significantly scale and grow their businesses.
– Terms of the Dormify investment were not disclosed.
– Allbirds, a shoe company, invested $2m in Natural Fiber Welding.
– The investment will see Allbirds bring a vegan leather replacement option to customers by December 2021.
– Allbirds these days is far more than a shoe company, and Natural Fiber Welding’s products include a purportedly tougher cotton fiber made using the company’s proprietary processing technology and a plant-based leather substitute.
– Those materials could find their way into Allbirds’ array of socks, shoes, t-shirts, underwear, sweaters, jackets and face masks.
– Natural Fiber Welding already touts a relationship with Porsche on its website, so Allbirds isn’t the only company that’s warmed to the Peoria, Illinois-based startup’s new materials.