– Japanese space startup Gitai has raised a $17.1m funding round.
– The round was led by SPARX Innovation for the Future Co. Ltd, and includes funding form DcI Venture Growth Fund, the Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, and EP-GB (Epson’s venture investment arm).
– Axiom Space raised $130m funding.
– The funding was led by C5 Capital and joined by Declaration Partners, Moelis Dynasty Investments, The Venture Collective, Hemisphere Ventures, and Starbridge Venture Capital.
– Axiom Space is building the world’s first commercial space station.
– The company’s president and CEO Michael Suffredini said the company’s valuation now exceeds $1 billion.