– H2O Hospitality, a South Korea and Japan-based unmanned hotel management company, raised $30m funding.
– The round was led by Kakao Investment and Korea Development Bank, Gorilla Private Equity, Intervest and NICE Investment also participated.
– H2O Hospitality will expand its business further by adding various types of accommodations in South Korea and Japan in 2021 and 2022 and plans to enter Singapore and Indonesia in 4Q in 2022 in line with its Southeast Asia penetration strategy.
– Flat.mx, a real estate marketplace, raised $20m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Anthemis and 500 Startups, and joined by ALLVP and Expa.
– Other investors include Opendoor CEO and co-founder Eric Wu, Flyhomes’ co-founder and CEO Tushar Garg, and Divvy Homes’ co-founder Brian Ma.
– The company plans to use the funding to expand its operations in Mexico and Latin America.