Unicorn Nest news
– PechaKucha, a Chicago, IL- Tokyo, Japan-based social storytelling platform, raised $2.7m in seed funding.
– The round was led by Muneaki Masuda, the founder and CEO of Culture Convenience Club Company, Limited (CCC), with participation from Lofty Ventures and Nameless Ventures and angel investors Jimmy Chamberlin (CEO of Blue J Strategies), Chuck Cohn (Founder and CEO of Nerdy), Chris Gladwin (Founder and CEO of Ocient), Paul Hsu (CEO and Founder of Decasonic), Brad Keywell (Co-Founder of Groupon, Founder and CEO of Uptake), Rob Solomon (Chairman of GoFundMe), and Vidisha Prasad (Managing Partner at Adya Partners), among others.
– The company intends to use the funds to scale headcount across product design, software development, and marketing to build new video and mobile capabilities, extend social connectivity features including group chat, enhance event hosting functions including ticketing and CRM, and grow its community of content creators.
Unicorn Nest news
– OpenExchange, a Boston, MA-based provider of video and virtual event solutions for financial communications, completed an initial closing of nearly $23m in Series D funding.
– The round was led by Kingfisher Investment Advisors and Stonebridge Ventures.
– The company intends to use the funds for further development of its recently-announced OE VIZION, a next-generation platform for virtual and hybrid events, as well as complementary acquisitions in content development, meeting logistics, media streaming, and data analytics.
– Pitch, the collaborative presentation platform for modern teams, announced that it has raised an $85 million Series B funding round led by Lakestar and Tiger Global, and joined by existing Pitch investors Index Ventures and Thrive Capital.
– Six months after launching to the public, the Series B investment comes at a time of significant growth and momentum for Pitch. To date, tens of thousands of teams have opened 125,000 workspaces on Pitch, including top companies like Intercom, Superhuman and Notion.
– Pitch is a collaborative presentation platform that enables teams to create, edit, review and share presentations in real-time.
– Pitch is used by companies like Intercom, Superhuman and Notion.
– The company will use the new funding to continue to build out its team and product.