Unicorn Nest news
– Lightricks, an Israeli mobile photo and video editing company, raised $130m funding.
– The round was led by Insight Partners and Hanaco Venture Capital and includes new investors Migdal Insurance, Altshuler Shaham and Shavit Capital.
– Existing investors Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Claltech, Harel Insurance and Finance, and Greycroft also participated.
– The company has raised $335m to date.
– It has been best known for its photo-editing app Facetune.
Unicorn Nest news
– Canva – a global visual communications platform based in Sidney, Australia – raised USD $200m in a funding round which valued the company at USD $40b.
– The round was led by T. Rowe Price with participation from new and existing strategic investors Franklin Templeton, Sequoia Capital Global Equities, Bessemer Venture Partners, Greenoaks Capital, Dragoneer Investments, Blackbird, Felicis, and AirTree Ventures.
– The company intends to use the funds to accelerate growth, including expanding its team of more than 2,000 employees, which it is expected to double in the year ahead.
Picsart Raises $130 Million to Expand its Creator Platform, Valuing the Company at More Than $1 Billion
– Picsart announced it has raised $130m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 with participation from G Squared and Tribe Capital, as well as existing investors Sequoia, DCM, Graph Ventures, and Siguler Guf & Company.
– With over $100m in annual revenue run rate, Picsart is now valued at over $1bn.
– The company has raised a total of $195m in capital since its founding.
– With users in 180 countries, Picsart’s base of more than 150 million monthly active users produce more than 1bn edits each month, making it the largest community for Gen Z creators.