– Toronto-based Peak Power (Peak) today announced that it has closed funding from The Atmospheric Fund (TAF), representing the fifth investor in Peak’s capital funding round.
– TAF will join Sensata Technologies, Export Development Canada (EDC), BDC Capital, and Hatch/Canadian Shield as a strategic investor in Peak.
– TAF brings to the round their focus on carbon emissions reduction, as they have a mandate to advance local solutions to climate change through high impact investments.
– Their contribution aligns with Peak’s commitment to decarbonize energy, the built environment, and mobility through enabling intelligent energy in smart cities.
Unicorn Nest news
– SecuriThings is a Tel Aviv, Israel-based IoTOps company.
– Series A $14m round was led by Aleph with participation from existing investors Firstime VC and angel investors.
– The new investment will be used to expand the functionality of its IoTOps platform, and build out its global sales and marketing operations.
– The company has already established partnerships with global system integrators, device management systems and edge device vendors including Microsoft, Convergint Technologies, Johnson Controls and many others.