– Reflaunt Raises $2.7 Million From Luxury Industry Leaders, Led by MadaLuxe Group
– Reflaunt, a disruptive Resale-as-a-Service (RaaS) technology company empowering global fashion brands to embrace circularity, today announced that it has secured $2.7 million in pre-Series A funding, led by the investment arm of MadaLuxe Group, a leading worldwide distributor of luxury fashion.
– Participating investors include former Jimmy Choo CEO and Coty Senior Advisor Pierre Denis, Ganni founder and former CEO Nicolaj Reffstrup, Textile Innovation Fund, Piquadro, Bluebell Group and sustainable fashion accelerator Fashion For Good.
– Maisonette, a four-year-old, New York-based company, has aimed from the outset to become a one-stop curated shop for everything a family might need for their young children.
– That plan appears to be working. Today, the company — which launched with preppy young children’s apparel and has steadily built out categories that include home décor, home furniture, toys, gear and accessories — says it doubled its number of customers last year and tripled its revenue.
– Though the company keeps its sales numbers private, its growth is interesting, particularly given the unabated growth of Amazon, which became the nation’s leading apparel retailer somewhere around the end of 2018.
Unicorn Nest news
– Ubamarket, a London, UK-based provider of a ‘Scan Pay Go’ retail tech app, raised £2.9m in equity funding.
– The company intends to use the funds to expand its business reach into new industries such as hospitality.
– The new investment was led by IW Capital and includes existing investor, MMC Ventures.