– Termii, a Nigerian communications platform-as-a-service startup, raised $1.4m seed funding.
– The round was co-led by African early-stage VC firm Future Africa and Japanese but Africa-focused VC Kepple Africa Ventures.
– Other investors include Acuity Ventures, Aidi Ventures, Assembly Capital, Kairos Angels, Nama Ventures, RallyCap Ventures and Remapped Ventures.
– Angel investors like Ham Serunjogi, co-founder and CEO of Chipper Cash; Josh Jones, former co-founder and CTO, Dreamhost; and Tayo Oviosu, co-founder and CEO of Paga also participated.
Unicorn Nest news
– Levitate has added $8M of funding to their Series B round, bringing total fundraising to $20M.
– The company’s $8M financing comes from its existing investors (Tippet Venture Partners, Peter Gassner, and Bull City Venture Partners) along with Lipson, who participated in this round personally.
– Levitate is a marketing software platform designed to help small businesses grow through the lost art of keeping in touch.