NextFlex Launches $14 Million Funding Round for Flexible Hybrid Electronics Innovations to Address Manufacturing Challenges and Improve Reliability
– NextFlex® Launches $14 Million Funding Round for Flexible Hybrid Electronics Innovations to Address Manufacturing Challenges and Improve Reliability
– NextFlex®, America’s Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) Manufacturing Institute, today released Project Call 6.0 (PC 6.0). The latest call for proposals seeks to fund projects that further the development and adoption of FHE while addressing key challenges in advanced manufacturing.
– The total PC 6.0 project value is expected to exceed $14.3M (project value/investment figures include cost-sharing), bringing the total anticipated investment in advancing FHE since NextFlex’s formation to $113M.
Unicorn Nest news
– Isotropic Systems, a London, UK-based developer of transformational broadband terminal technologies, secured funding of over $40m.
– The round brings together equity and grant funding support from the UK Government and market leaders in Aerospace and Telecommunications.
– SES led the round, along with participation from specialised space investors Orbital Ventures, UK government’s Future Fund and existing investors Boeing HorizonX Global Ventures, Space Angels and Firmament Ventures.
– The company intends to use the funds to develop its multi-beam antennas.