– Tangram Vision is announcing that it has raised a pre-seed fundraising round and is launching its sensor management SDK.
– Tangram Vision was founded in 2020 by computer vision veterans and Occipital alumni Brandon Minor and Adam Rodnitzky.
– While at Occipital, they helped to engineer and launch the Structure Sensor & SDK 3D sensing platform.
– After having worked with numerous robotics, drone and autonomous vehicle companies on integrating the Structure Sensor into their platforms, Brandon and Adam realized that there was a significant software gap for sensors.
– The company is building out its sensor management platform to enable developers to connect, manage and monitor their sensors in real time.
U.S. Autonomous Drone Maker Skydio Announces $170 Million In Series D Funding Led by Andreessen Horowitz’s Growth Fund
– Skydio raised $170m in Series D funding led by Andreessen Horowitz’s Growth Fund.
– This brings total funding raised to over $340m with a current valuation of over $1bn.
– Andreessen Horowitz, which also led the Series A, is joined in this round by existing investors Linse Capital, Next47, and IVP, along with new investor UP.Partners.
– With the additional capital raised, Skydio will further accelerate product development and global sales expansion to support the rapidly growing demand for its autonomous drone solutions.
– Skydio has been chosen in a myriad of deployments across construction companies, departments of transportation, energy utilities, and police departments.