Unicorn Nest news
– Beamable from Boston provides a Software-as-a-Service platform for the business operations of live games.
– The company raised approximately $5m in equity funding round.
– The round was led by Companyon Ventures and GrandBanks Capital, and joined by investors from Defy.vc, Oyster Funds, and others.
– The new investment will be used to expand operations and reach.
– Podimo, a podcast and short form audio subscription service, picks up €11.2M in new funding.
– The round is led by Chr. Augustinus investment fund, and comes just 8 months after announcing its €15 million Series A.
– Existing investors, and the Spanish VC Aldea Opportunity Fund also participated.
– Founded in 2019, Podimo is a podcast and short-form audio platform which offers personalized recommendations to listeners, while offering creators a share of revenue via premium subscriptions.
– Premium members gain access to over 600 shows that are exclusive to Podimo and membership fees are shared directly with the podcast creators they listen to each month.
– The service is currently live in Germany, Denmark and carious Spanish speaking markets.
Unicorn Nest news
– Artie is a Los Angeles, CA-based platform for next-gen instant mobile games.
– The company raised $10M in seed funding.
– Backers included Zynga founder Mark Pincus, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Thirty Five Ventures, music mogul Scooter Braun’s Raised In Space, Shutterstock founder Jon Oringer, Tyler & Cameron Winklevoss, Susquehanna International Group; Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment + The Sixers Lab, and Manuel Bronstein, VP of Product at Google, and YouTube founder, Chad Hurley.
– The company plans to use the funds to continue advancing its technology platform and launch an initial slate of games in 2021.