Unicorn Nest news
– Paro is a Chicago, IL-based startup on-demand financial expertise company.
– The company raised $25m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Madrona Venture Group, with participation from existing investors Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures and KGC Capital.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate the company’s growth domestically and internationally as well as invest in its AI–powered professional services marketplace.
Real Estate Innovator Flyhomes Raises $150M in Series C Financing to Accelerate Expansion and Level the Playing Field for Homebuyers Amidst Record-Setting Housing Market
– Flyhomes announced a $150m Series C financing to fuel its growth and build upon its record-setting quarters.
– The round was co-led by venture capital firms Norwest Venture Partners and Battery Ventures, with additional participation from Balyasny Asset Management, Fifth Wall, Trustbridge Partners, Camber Creek, Zillow co-founder Spencer Rascoff, and existing investors Andreessen Horowitz and Canvas Ventures.
– As part of the transaction, Lisa Wu of Norwest Venture Partners and Roger Lee of Battery Ventures will join the Flyhomes Board of Directors.
– Flyhomes is a pioneer and market leader of the end-to-end homebuying model.
– Ageras Group, a Danish startup, raised $73m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Lugard Road Capital and joined by previous investors Investcorp and Rabo Bank.
– The company plans to use the funding to expand into what it generally describes as “growth markets” — new countries, new customer segments and also adding more services to its software stack — both through organic growth and acquisitions.
Capitalize, a startup that wants to make it easy to roll over your 401(k), closes on $12.5M Series A
– Capitalize, a startup that wants to make it easy to roll over your 401(k), closes on $12.5M Series A.
– The round was led by Canapi Ventures and joined by existing backers including Bling Capital, Greycroft, RRE Ventures and Walkabout Ventures.
– The company aims to address this very problem with a platform that it claims makes it virtually painless to locate misplaced 401(k) accounts, select and open individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and consolidate retirement plans – for free.