In 2014 was created VentureSouth, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Greenville. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 participants. Despite the VentureSouth, startups are often financed by South Carolina Research Authority, Windspeed Ventures, Sunbridge Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Palmetto Angel 2014 Fund, Wolfpack Investor Network, Tao Capital Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by South Carolina Research Authority, General Motors Ventures, Tao Capital Partners.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Medical, Manufacturing. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Baebies, Verdeeco, Seurat Technologies. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The fund was created by Charlie Banks, Matt Dunbar, Paul Clark, Paul Clark. We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The typical startup value when the investment from VentureSouth is 100-500 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 0 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This VentureSouth works on 21 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
|$3M||07 Mar 2021||Richmond, Virginia, United States|
|$3M||11 Jan 2021||South Carolina, United States|
|$1M||01 Sep 2020||Greenville, South Carolina, United States|
|$3M||27 Jul 2020||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|$3M||08 May 2020||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States|
|$2M||28 Apr 2020||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States|
|31 Dec 2019||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|27 Dec 2019||Greenville, South Carolina, United States|
|14 Oct 2019||Greenville, South Carolina, United States|
– Pass It Down is a digital storytelling company based in Baton Rouge.
– Company raised nearly $2m in funding.
– The round was led by VentureSouth, with participation from Cultivation Capital, Techstars, Red Stick Angels and Acadian Capital Ventures.
– The new investment will be used to create and launch Iconic Moments, an NFT marketplace exclusively for the world’s museums and cultural institutions, in the fourth quarter of 2021.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.