AppWorks appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2009. The venture was found in Asia in Taiwan. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Taipei.
This organization was formed by Jamie Lin.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the AppWorks, startups are often financed by MindWorks Ventures, CyberAgent Capital, 01vc. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are MindWorks Ventures, 91Capital, Substance Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by MindWorks Ventures, Substance Capital, Crystal Stream Capital.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Taiwan. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Lalamove, ShopBack. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Advertising, Apps.
Comparing to the other companies, this AppWorks performs on 21 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The high activity for fund was in 2016. When the investment is from AppWorks the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Funds with similar focus
|$17M||21 Aug 2021||Taiwan, New Taipei|
|$12M||15 Jul 2021|
|$88M||13 May 2021||China, Hong Kong Island|
|$12M||25 Sep 2020||Indonesia, Cianjur|
|$20M||27 Jul 2020||China, Hong Kong Island|
|28 Jun 2020||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|17 Jun 2020||Taiwan, New Taipei|
|$26M||01 Jun 2020|
|18 Nov 2019||Indonesia, Jakarta|
– Blockchain startup XREX raised $17m in pre-Series A funding.
– The round was led by CDIB Capital Group and joined by SBI Investment, Global Founders Capital, ThreeD Capital, E.Sun Venture Capital, Systex Corporation, MetaPlanet Holdings, AppWorks, BlackMarble, New Economy Ventures and Seraph Group.
– The company plans to apply for financial licenses in Singapore, Hong Kong and South Africa, and partner with banks and financial institutions, like payment gateways.
– Singapore-based startup Tinvio raised $12m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by AppWorks Ventures, with participation from strategic investor MUFG Innovation Partners, a venture capital firm for collaborations between startups and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.
– All of Tinvio’s existing investors — Sequoia Capital India’s Surge, Global Founders Capital and Partech Ventures — also returned for its Series A, which brings Tinvio’s total raised to $18.5 million.
– Tinvio’s last funding announcement was a $5.5 million seed round in April 2020.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.