GRID EXPONENTIAL appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2014. The main department of described VC is located in the Buenos Aires. The fund was located in South America if to be more exact in Argentina.
For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Natural Resources, Agriculture. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight BeeFlow. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 11-15 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The fund is generally included in less than 2 deals every year. The important activity for fund was in 2017. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 100 thousands - 1 million dollars.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1 participant. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SOSV, IndieBio, Ospraie Ag Sciences.
Funds with similar focus
|$17M||28 Feb 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$3M||20 Sep 2021||Pergamino, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|$200K||23 Jul 2021||-|
|$8M||29 Jun 2021||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$200K||10 Dec 2020||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|$200K||01 Jul 2020||Entre Ríos Province, Argentina|
|$200K||14 Mar 2020||Wilmington, Delaware, United States|
|$200K||04 Mar 2020||Córdoba, Argentina|
|$850K||01 Mar 2020||Mendoza, Argentina|
– Beeflow, a startup that announced the close of a $8.3m Series A round, is looking to both save the bees and help farmers be more efficient and effective at the same time.
– The financing round was led by Ospraie Ag Science, with participation from Future Ventures’ Steve Jurvetson, Jeff Wilke, Vectr Ventures, SOSV’s IndieBio and Grid Exponential.
– The startup uses proprietary scientific technology that essentially makes bees healthier, particularly in cold weather.
– A wealth of research led the company to understand that certain plant-based foods and molecules, when fed to the bees, can reduce the mortality rate of bees by up to 70 percent, and help them perform better in colder weather.
– You might be wondering what I mean by performance. That’s fair.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.