Miyoko’s Creamery Closes $52M in Series C Funding, Accelerates Distribution and Innovation of Vegan Dairy
– Miyoko’s Creamery has raised $52M in Series C funding.
– PowerPlant Partners is the lead investor, investing $40M in total, with Cult Capital, Obvious Ventures, Stray Dog, and CPT Capital filling out the round.
– Miyoko’s will use this capital to further disrupt the traditional dairy market as plant-based continues to capture more market share.
– Nondairy milk is the largest and most developed plant-based food and beverage category, but other alternative dairy categories such as cheese and butter are quickly following suit.
– William Blair estimates the US retail opportunity for total plant-based dairy to be $10 billion, using nondairy milk penetration as a proxy (nondairy milk has north of 60% household penetration in the US as of 2020).