– Wefarm, a social networking platform aimed at independent farmers to help them meet each other, exchange ideas and get advice, and sell or trade equipment and supplies, has raised $11m funding.
– The funding is an extension to the company’s 2019 Series A, and is being led by Octopus Ventures.
– True Ventures (which led the 2019 round), Rabo Frontier Ventures, LocalGlobe, June Fund and AgFunder also participated.
– Wefarm has raised $32m since being founded in 2015.
– To date, London-based Wefarm has primarily found traction in countries in East Africa.
– Its service is available via a website, but most of its users are accessing without any internet use at all, via the company’s SMS interface.
Unicorn Nest news