– Plume, a mesh-Wi-Fi platform, raised $270m funding.
– The round was led by Insight Partners and values the company at $1.35 billion.
– The company has deals in place with some 170 carriers around the globe that provide residential broadband services, reselling Plume’s mesh technology as a way to improve home Wi-Fi connectivity.
Unicorn Nest news
– Origin Wireless, a developer of a wide range of Wi-Fi smart home, health, well-being, and indoor tracking applications with high performance, low cost, and ease of use, announced it has closed its recent financing round and raised a total of $14m.
– The company received funding from key investors and partners including Verizon Ventures and Alarm.com.