– Workiz, a field service management platform for small businesses, raised $13m in funding.
– The round was led by New Era Capital Partners and joined by Aleph, Magenta Venture Partners, Maor Investments and TMT Investments.
– The company is based out of San Diego and Israel.
– It has some 100,000 service professionals using the platform.
Unicorn Nest news
– WizeHire is a recruiting platform for small businesses.
– The company raised $7.5m in Series A funding.
– Amplo and Mercury led the round, and joined by existing backers Ruchit Shah and RigUp co-founder Sandeep Jain.
– The company plans to use the funding to provide small businesses a faster, easier hiring experience previously only available to large corporations.
Unicorn Nest news
– eFuse is a Columbus, OH-based startup operating the “LinkedIn for gamers.
– Company raised $6m in funding.
– The round was led by Ohio Innovation Fund with participation from: Seth Curry (Philadelphia 76ers, NBA), Denzel Ward (Cleveland Browns, NFL), Ezekiel Elliott (Dallas Cowboys, NFL), and Chase Winovich (New England Patriots, NFL).
– The new investment will be used to expand the platform and continue to grow its community of gamers.
– Playter Pay Raises £1 Million For Its Hire Now, Pay Later Payment Solution
– Playter Pay is one of a large and growing number of companies looking to make scaling a business more accessible and affordable.
– Founder, Jamie Beaumont conceived ‘Hire Now, Pay Later’ after discovering first-hand a pain point for both recruiters and SME’s in the up-front cost associated with recruitment fees.
– This week, the company announced that it has raised £1 million led by a consortium of investors. The investment, comprising both debt and equity will allow Playter Pay to help SMEs borrow and spread the cost of their recruitment invoices over 6 months, whilst paying the recruitment agency within 24 hours of invoice.