Unicorn Nest news
– Blue Oceans Barns, a Kailua Kona, HI-based producer of red seaweed, raised $5M in seed funding.
– The round was led by Valor Siren Ventures.
– The company intends to use the funds to expand its farming operations as it readies for commercial sale of its seaweed-based cattle supplement.
– Blue Ocean Barns announced the closure of a new, $5m seed round of capital, bringing the sustainable agriculture company’s total raised to date to $6.6m.
– The funding round, led by Valor Siren Ventures, will support a significant expansion of Blue Ocean Barns’ farming operations as it readies for commercial sale of its seaweed-based cattle supplement.
– This week, Blue Ocean Barns signed a lease for 10 additional acres of growing space near its existing operations on the Big Island of Hawai’i.
– Blue Ocean Barns produces a cattle supplement made with a specific type of seaweed, Asparagopsis, that has been proved in multiple university studies to reduce methane output from cattle by more than 80%, eliminating a greenhouse gas that is at least 28 times more potent than carbon dioxide.