Multiply Labs Raises $20M in Series A Funding
20 Apr, 2021
– Zego, an insurtech that got its start by offering flexible motorbike insurance for gig economy workers but has since expanded with a range of tech-enabled commercial motor insurance products, has raised $150m.
– The funding round was led by DST Global and joined by General Catalyst, whose founder and MD, Joel Cutler, joins Zego’s board.
– Notable investors include Wise’s Taavet Hinrikus, who is also on the Zego board, and Target Global, Balderton Capital and Latitude.
– The insurance company says it will use the funding to “rapidly expand across Europe and beyond”.
– It will also double its workforce, which currently stands at 265 employees, to over 500 employees by the end of 2021, and continue to invest in technology.