Accenture Makes Strategic Investment in African Fintech Startup Okra
22 Apr, 2021
– Zapp, a vertical or “dark store” startup, raised a new round of funding.
– The round was led by Lightspeed and Atomico, and joined by 468 Capital, Burda, and notable angels.
– Zapp operates a vertical or “dark store” model, seeing it set up its own micro fulfillment centers.
– It has locations in London already: Kensington, Chelsea, Fulham, Notting Hill, Hammersmith, Shepherd’s Bush, Shoreditch, Islington and Angel.
– Zapp also emphasises sustainability and utilises an all-electric fleet.