soona Raises $10.2M Series A to Scale its Virtual Content Creation Platform, Transforming How Brands Shoot Photos and Videos for E-Commerce
20 Apr, 2021
– Sherpa, a startup from Bilbao, Spain that was an early mover in building a voice-based digital assistant and predictive search for Spanish-speaking audiences, has raised some more funding to double down on a newer focus for the startup: building out privacy-first AI services for enterprise customers.
– The company has closed $8.5m funding.
– The funding is coming from Marcelo Gigliani, a managing partner at Apax Digital; Alex Cruz, the chairman of British Airways; and Spanish investment firms Mundi Ventures and Ekarpen.
– The funding is an extension to the $15m Sherpa has already raised in a Series A.
– From what I understand, Sherpa is currently also raising a larger Series B.