Moglix Raises $120M in Series B; Valued at $1 Billion
18 May, 2021
– RipeLocker, a Bainbridge Island, Wash.-based ag-tech startup, raised $5m in fresh funding.
– The funding was provided by angel investors from the agriculture, technology and shipping industries.
– The company is building 500 units, with half of those going to commercial customers in the flower, hops and berry business who’ve already performed testing.
– The other half will be used in trials with new crops and customers, who will have the option to purchase the units with an ongoing user fee or simply lease the units.
– The company is led by George Lobisser, who previously co-owned and led Pace International, a post-harvest food company focusing on transportation and logistics.