KIYATEC Announces Investment from Seae Ventures and Names Co-founder and Managing Partner Jason Robart to its Board of Directors
01 May, 2021
– Campfire has raised $8m in funding for its holographic technology that enables both augmented reality and virtual reality for the purpose of enterprise product design.
– In stealth until now, Campfire has created a holographic collaboration system for professional 3D designers.
– The hardware and software headset system is based on patents and technology formerly created by Meta, which ran out of money in 2018.
– It will come out as a subscription in the fall of this year, after years of research and development.
– The company has fewer than 15 people and said the funding came from OTV, Kli Capital, Tuesday Capital, and others.
– Campfire combines proprietary devices and applications built on a foundation of more than 60 patents.
– It’s based on the lessons of the past few years of headsets, including the failure of Meta.