soona Raises $10.2M Series A to Scale its Virtual Content Creation Platform, Transforming How Brands Shoot Photos and Videos for E-Commerce
20 Apr, 2021
– UpCodes, a startup that develops building-code compliance tools, announced today it has raised $3.36 million in pre-Series A funding.
– This brings its total raised so far to $4.15 million.
– The new funding was led by Berlin-based Point Nine Capital, which focuses on SaaS and online marketplaces.
– The company also recently won a legal victory when United States District Court Judge Victor Marrero granted UpCodes its motion to dismiss a false advertising and unfair competition lawsuit filed against it by the International Code Council (ICC).
– An earlier copyright lawsuit filed by the ICC against UpCodes is still ongoing, but UpCodes won a major decision in the case last year when Judge Marrero ruled that its posting of building codes is covered by public domain and fair use.